Tartan is back in style this year I’m here for it! Last year I spiced up my Christmas wardrobe with a few classic plaid pieces, and this year I’m buying a few more items to round out my December wardrobe. Today I’m sharing some of my favorite tartan pieces and how I styled them.
Walmart’s Time and Tru Tartan Millenium Skinny Pants
My favorite snag last year was Walmart’s Time and Tru Women’s Millennium Skinny Pants. They’re back in stock this year. These pants are so comfortable and can be dressed up or down.
I styled them three ways. First, for a glitzy Christmas party with a black sequin tank and suede strappy heels from Target.
Next, for a more casual look I paired them with a “Merry” shirt I got last year at Target (similar here) and gold New Balance tennies. I wore this look to my daughter’s daycare Christmas party last year.
Lastly I paired them with a more conservative black sweater and Zappos CL by Laundry Nima Black Suede Wedges for an office-appropriate look.
I got a size 4 last year and they were a little tight – I was 6 weeks postpartum when I bought them – but this year they fit perfectly! I am usually a 2 so consider sizing up in these.
These pants look so much more expensive than their $15 price tag implies. I dressed these up with CL by Laundry Nima Black Suede Wedges and a Velvet tank and wore them to our company Christmas party.
Old Navy Flannel Shirt
One of my favorite pieces I bought last year was the Old Navy Classic Plaid Flannel Shirt for Women in Red/White Plaid. I normally wear a small in Old Navy but I sized up to a medium so I could layer it over my “Merry” graphic tee from Target. The “Merry” shirt not being sold this year, but I love J. Crew Factory’s “Feliz Navidad” Graphic Tee for a similar look.
I also have the red plaid version in a small that I bought in 2018. This year they have matching shirts for toddlers girls in the red/white plaid, so it’s a great snag if you like to match your littles!
This year I’m most excited about J. Crew Factory’s Tartan Knot Headband and these festive Old Navy Pleated Face Masks. Masks are such a staple in 2020, and the Old Navy ones are my favorite. I love their adjustable ear loops and they just fit and feel comfortable.
What is your favorite piece from the edit? Share in the comments below!
Tops, Pants & Dresses
- J. Crew Factory “Feliz Navidad” Graphic Tee
- Old Navy Classic Plaid Flannel Shirt for Women
- J. Crew Factory Merino Wool-blend Turtleneck
- J. Crew Factory “Cheers!” Graphic Tee
- Walmart Time and Tru Women’s Millennium Skinny Pants
- Amazon MEROKEETY Women’s Plaid Long Sleeve Empire Waist Full Length Maxi Dress with Pockets
- J. Crew Factory Fringe Statement Earrings
- Target SUGARFIX by BaubleBar Gold Bow Earrings – Gold
- Amazon 6Pairs Simple Stainless Steel Deer Stud Earrings
- Macys Ralph Lauren Sterling Silver Plated Glass Pearl Stud (10mm earrings)
- Zappos CL by Laundry Nima Black Suede Wedges
- J. Crew Factory Stewart Tartan Smoking Loafers
- Zappos Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Core Ox
- Amazon New Balance Women’s 720 V1 Sneaker
Headwear & Masks
- J. Crew Factory Velvet Braided Headband
- J. Crew Factory Tartan Knot Headband
- J. Crew Factory Velvet Bow Hair Tie
- Old Navy Variety 5-Pack of Triple-Layer Cloth Pleated Face Masks for Adults (with Ear Adjusters) in Plaid Tidings
Leave a Reply