With summer in full swing, it’s prime entertaining season. Summer seems to bring out my inner hostess, and I find myself constantly making excuses to have friends over for parties. A key ingredient in any summer soiree is a delicious, refreshing cocktail, and I found a recipe that does just the trick – Summer Brew.
In this post I will explain:
- Why Summer Brew is the perfect summer cocktail
- How to make Summer Brew, and
- The best garnishes for Summer Brew
Why “Summer Brew,” or “Summer Beer” is the Perfect Summer Cocktail
“Summer brew,” also known as “summer beer” is the perfect summer cocktail. It’s not too sweet, not too stout, making it enjoyable for male and female guests alike.
Sure, it can be dressed up in a cool cocktail glass with a groovy garnish, but it tastes just as good out of a red solo cup. It’s easy to make and you can whip it up pitchers at a time, which means less time mixing and more time mingling with your guests!
See, I told you: the perfect summer cocktail. There’s only one potential flaw:
Summer brew is so refreshing and easy to drink, it’s easy to down a pitcher without a second thought. There’s more alcohol in there than you think, and lightweights like me will realize quickly that this potent potion packs quite the punch!
So drink up, but don’t forget to have cabs on call for your guests!
How to Make Summer Brew
Making summer brew is very easy.
Pour a thawed can of frozen limeade concentrate, 3 bottles of Mexican beer and a half cup of vodka into a pitcher. Mix with a wooden spoon.
Refrigerate until cold or serve over ice. See below for a printable recipe card.
Best Garnishes for Summer Brew
I am a big believer in garnishes. Not only do they make your drinks look prettier, but a well selected garnish can also provide an extra interesting kick of flavor to a cocktail.
My three favorite garnishes for summer brew are:
- Raspberries – Depending on the beer you use, most of the time your cocktail will turn out a yellow or greenish color. The bright red color of a raspberry adds some pizzazz to the look of the drink, while the taste of a sweet raspberry contrasts well with the tart yet drinkable taste of the cocktail.
- Lime Slice – A slice or wedge of lime is a natural addition to this lime-centric cocktail.
- Mint – Adding a sprig of mint give the drink a natural look and can add a more mojito-like taste.
What are your favorite garnishes for Summer Brew?
- 1 can Frozen limeade concentrate, thawed (12 fluid ounces)
- 3 bottles Mexican beer (such as Corona) (12 fluid ounces)
- ½ cup Vodka
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Mix ingredients together and refrigerate or serve with ice.
Leave a Reply