Let’s be honest, I’m not a great cook. Sure, I have a slim stock of sure fire recipes I’ve mastered, but beyond that my kitchen creations are only as good as the recipes I work from.
I’d been in sort of a cooking rut until my friend Alison shared a recipe for Chicken Crescent Roll-ups on her blog, Ross Ramblings, a few months back. The cheap ingredients and simple instructions seduced me into stepping out of my kitchen comfort zone and trying something new. I mean, nothing with that much cheese could possibly be bad, right?
That’s correct. Beyond being absolutely delicious, the recipe is sinfully simple! I made it for Ryan and we both gobbled it up. Plus, we had plenty of leftovers for the next day’s lunch.
Chicken Crescent Roll-ups
- 1 ½ cup Chicken Cooked & Cubed
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Crescent Rolls 8 count
- Mix 1 ½cup of chicken and ½ cup of cheese in a bowl. (I used my hands to mix it and mush it all together.)
- Roll out and separate the crescent rolls.
- In each triangle, place 2 tablespoons of the chicken/cheese mix, and roll it up in the crescent roll.
- Once you have all 8 rolled up, place them along the bottom of a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Pour the 1 cup of milk over the roll-ups.
- Spoon out the cream of chicken soup (undiluted) on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheese on top.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.