Valentine’s Day is the silliest holiday, but I love using it to show my kids just how much I adore them! Heart-shaped waffles, strawberry milk, a cute outfit for the day, and an on-theme toy or book is how we like to start our Valentine’s Day mornings.
Last year I printed these cute Valentine’s placemats from Lil Luna. I filled them out with things I love about my kids, and even did one for my husband, Andrew!
We also made cinnamon rolls in the shape of hearts which was super easy and delicious.
Today I’m sharing several cute gift ideas for toddler girls and boys. All these items are either things we have or that I’m getting for the kids this year, so I can vouch for them. Without further ado…
Valentines Day Gift Ideas for Toddler Girls
- Red & White Applique Heart Sweater, H&M – My sister got this adorable sweater for Annabelle. It fits true to size and is adorable on! There is also a matching skirt if you’re really feeling the love..
- 2-Piece Sweatshirt Set in Light Pink/Dotted, H&M – This was another outfit my sister gifted Annabelle. (She is the best at choosing cute kids clothes.) It’s super cozy and washes well.
- Lola Dutch, I Love You So Much, Amazon – Annabelle got the first Lola Dutch book for Christmas and we’ve read it every night at bedtime since. A modern Madeline, reschool girls will fall in love with this sweet, adventurous little lady. I’ve already tucked this title away for her for Valentines Day.
- Chuck Taylor Double Strap Sneaker in Pink, Nordstrom – Who doesn’t love a kid in Converse? These tiny Chuck Taylors tickle me pink!
- Gaston, Amazon – My brother-in-law Taylor gifted Annabelle this sweet book, and it’s one of our favorites. With beautiful illustrations and a lovely cadence, Gaston teaches children that it’s okay to be a little different than the rest of your family.
- Pink Gingham Art Smock, Amazon – We have this smock and it’s perfect for keeping our little artist’s clothing clean while creating her masterpieces. Unlike other plastic smocks this is made out of flexible fabric that allows her to move more easily. It would be super cute with a big monogram!
- Valentine’s Day Hearts Rubber Stamp Jar by Recollections™, Michaels – Is my child the only one obsessed with stamps? I bought this set for Annabelle last Valentines Day and it’s still one of her favorites.
- Craft Smart® Washable Ink Pad, Michaels – Don’t forget to buy a red and pink ink pad to go along with your stamps! This one from Michaels is washable.
- Yeti Rambler Jr. Water Bottle in Red or Pink, Academy – These water bottles hold up to even the most destructive of toddlers. Ours have been dropped, kicked, thrown and more, and they still look brand new!
- Enfants Chéris Toddler Pajamas, Amazon – I haven’t tried these yet but I’ve seen other bloggers who swear by them. They get great reviews for softness and come in the sweetest pastel colors. These would be adorable with an embroidered monogram.
- Wonder Nation Pom Pom Aline Slipper (Toddler Girls), Walmart – These look like something Elle Woods would wear and I’m here for it. I wish they made them in my size. I can’t wait to see Annabelle in these cutie slippers!
- Melissa & Doug 20 Wooden Princess Magnets in a Box, Amazon – Annabelle got this set of magnets from a sweet friend when she became a big sister. Now that I can trust Callahan not to eat them, I brought them back out. Yesterday, Annabelle played princess on the fridge for, no lie, 45 minutes.
- Girls’ Heart Handbag – art class™ Pink, Target – My girly girl loves purses. She loves to fill them with all her treasures. Target makes the cutest handbags for toddlers, including this fuzzy pink number.
- White Unicorn – WARMIES Cozy Plush Heatable Lavender Scented Stuffed Animal, Amazon – I’ve raved about Warmies before, and if you haven’t gotten one yet now is the perfect occassion. Heat them in the microwave and your kiddos will love snuggling up with them before bed. They also help calm upset tummies and ouchies.
- adidas Starlancer V Club Soccer Ball, Academy – We never go to the park without a soccer ball. It’s the perfect way to run out energy and practice gross motor skills. Here is another pink and white ball that’s on sale and $8 less expensive!
- Toddler Girls’ Glitter Heart Long Sleeve T-Shirt – Cat & Jack™ Red, Target – This would make a cute outfit for Valentines Day and beyond!
- Blow me a Kiss Bubble Blower, Lush – We love all things Lush. This kiss shaped bubble blower is such a fun idea for girls who love bubble baths!
Valentines Day Gift Ideas for Toddler Boys
- Unisex Long-Sleeve Thermal Tee for Toddler, Old Navy – This classic red waffle-knit shirt is warm and cozy. Callahan has it in white and it’s a closet staple.
- 2-Piece Sweatshirt Set in Light Dark Blue Stars, H&M, H&M – A boy version of Annabelle’s pink sweatsuit, this outfit is durable and perfect activewear for cool winter days.
- Little Blue Truck’s Valentine, Amazon – Callahan and Annabelle both love all the Little Blue Truck books and can’t wait to add the Valentines Day edition to our library this year.
- Melissa & Doug 20 Wooden Farm Magnets in a Box, Amazon – Callahan loves Annabelle’s princess magnets. #SecondChildProblems. Soon we’ll get him his own, and this farm set will be perfect.
- FIT RITE Long-Sleeve Art Smock for Kids in Navy Gingham, Amazon – Cal is just getting into art and so we’ll be getting him his own smock to match his sisters, but in blue. Again, I can’t rave enough about how much better this one is than the cheaper plastic ones on amazon.
- SmartMax My First Dinosaurs STEM Magnetic Discovery Animal Set, Walmart – My friend Cadie got this for Callahan for his first birthday and it’s been a hit with both kids. The kids love to mix and match the dinasaurs and it’s been a great way to teach them about magnets and force.
- Yeti Rambler Jr. Water Bottle in Red or Navy, Academy – Boys are hard on equiptment. A YETI waterbottle will stand up to even the most rough and tumble of toddler boys.
- Chuck Taylor® All Star® 2V Double Strap Faux Leather Sneaker, Nordstrom – I love using holidays as an excuse to buy the kids cute new shoes. These classic All Stars are so cute on little boys.
- Enfants Chéris Toddler Pajamas in Blue, Amazon – As I mentioned above, I haven’t tried these yet but am going to based on great reviews and blogger reccomendations. I think these would be so cute monogrammed for a boy too.
- Warmies Microwavable French Lavender Scented Plush Sloth, Amazon – See above about my strong feelings that every kid needs a warmie. (My Aunt Kathryn got one for Annabelle last year and it’s a favorite around our house.
- Wonder Nation Plaid Slipper (Toddler Boys), Walmart – So these aren’t as amazing as the girls version but they are pretty cute and preppy. My kids feet get super cold in the winterso they wear slippers pretty much anytime we’re indoors. I can’t wait to get these on little man’s feet!
- Paw Patrol Lunch Box with Bonus Puzzle, Amazon – The same way Annabelle loves to put her treasures in purses, Cal loves hiding his treasures in this tin Paw Patrol lunch box. Bonus: it comes with a puzzle!
- adidas Starlancer V Club Soccer Ball in Blue, Academy – Boys love balls. Callahan loves his soccer ball the most. The Brava brand offers a similar toddler-size ball for $8 less.
- Fun Aliens and Monsters, Lush – We always keep a roll of Fun by our bathtub for bubble baths. This Aliens and Monsters version is perfect for little boys!
- Shark-Print Sweatshirt for Toddler Boys, Old Navy – Sharks, hearts, this would be the perfect outfit for a school Valentines Day party. Well done Old Navy!
I hope you found some inspiration in these little gift guides! Do you have any family Valentines Day traditions? Share in the comments below!
Mechel Neser says
I have been trying to get a copy of the valentines day placement from lil luna without any success are you able to perhaps share it with me or if you are able to point me in the right direction to get it from them.
Thank you soooo much.